Sunday, April 15, 2012

Week 13: Asiago Breaded Pork Chops

I'm such a slacker. I bake and cook wonderful things and then I never post them. Sometimes I even forget to take pictures of them because I've devoured them so quickly. Laziness has something to do with it all too. Oops.



I took a picture of these things though. It was the first time that I've made pork chops and I think they turned out pretty well. You do have to be prepared though. I made the mistake of not having things in order, so when I added the pork chops to the pan to brown, the first pork chop soaked up all the oil and then the rest got a little burned. I also didn't use any Corn Flake's. I don't like buying something that I'm just going to use once and then not again. I used crushed Ritz crackers instead and I think it turned out just fine. 

Pair it with whatever you want. Mac and cheese, cheesy rice, applesauce. Any of these are good. Vegetables would probably be a good choice too. 

Asiago Breaded Pork Chops
4 thin, boneless pork chops
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup asiago cheese, grated or crumbled

Preheat oven to 325.

Trim fat off of pork chops and tenderize with a fork.  Heat skillet on medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. In separate bowls, pour milk into one, then breadcrumbs and corn flakes into other.

Dip chop in milk and let soak for about a minute. Dip in bread crumb mixture and coat thoroughly. Add to skillet and let cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes, or until breading is golden brown.
Take off heat and add 1 cup chicken stock to skillet. Also add 1/4 cup asiago cheese on top of each chop.

 Cover and bake at 325 for about 45 minutes. Make sure the chops do not dry out. If the skillet becomes dry, add more chicken stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment