Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 29: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies (for Matt)


Is this not the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? I mean, seriously. She's a beaut. The red microwave that was left here was very quickly moved to another spot so I could put my lovely red mixer in a place of honor. The only counter in my kitchen now holds my gorgeous 5 quart red mixer. All of this because I moved into my very own little apartment. My parents gave me this as a house-warming present.

I've never made these before and they aren't my very favorite cookie. However, they are someone's favorite cookie and that someone got a brand new job. So of course, I baked cookies. :)

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

2 cups all purpose flour
1 egg
1 egg yolk
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup white chocolate chips

In a bowl, mix the flour with salt and baking soda.

In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, egg yolk, sugar and butter until they are mixed properly. Add vanilla extract and whisk again for a couple of minutes.

Pour the flour mix into the egg mix. Add the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Mix with a rubber spatula. 

Pre-heat the oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a spoon, drop a ball of the dough onto the baking sheet. Wet your hands and press the dough to flatten it a litt.e

Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are light brown in color. The middles should not look completely cooked.

Take the cookies out of the oven and let them sit on the pan for 5 minutes before putting on a cooking rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment