Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week 5: Andes Mint Chip Cookies (for Roommates)

Mmmm cookies. There is nothing better then a simple cookie and this is one. Basically, a chocolate chip cookie with Andes Mint Chips in it instead of chocolate chips. They're quite good. Unfortunately, I'm getting used to a new oven and the bottoms got pretty burned. Also, forgive me of the crappy picture, it was done quickly and with poor light.

My new roommate (hi!) and I (along with her boyfriend) had dinner my first week here. She made a chicken pot pie in the crock pot and I contributed these cookies. The chicken pot pie was delicious. I tried mushrooms to see if I liked them yet (I don't) and we drank wine (yum). 

Ready for a recipe?

Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies

1/2 cup salted butter - softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package (10 oz.) Andes® Crème de Menthe Baking Chips
2-2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour


Preheat oven to 350° F.

Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed.

Stir in Andes Baking Chips and then flour. Chill approximately one hour in the refrigerator.

Measure out approximately 1 oz. of dough. Form a ball and slightly flatten.

Raise oven rack one level above the middle and bake on non-stick baking pans.

Bake at 350° F for approximately 8 - 10 minutes.

Cool on pans for two minutes before removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment