Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Omena Lake (Brownies)

Now that I have cocoa powder…I can make anything. I bought it for chocolate soufflés, but haven’t had the opportunity to make them so I’ve been adding cocoa to all kinds of things. Fish cookies started it and then I got a craving for brownies.

There is only so much food blog browsing that I allow myself when I’m at work. I mean, I work hard, but sometimes files take a while to load and what else am I to do but look at food. I found brownies the other day. They are what stemmed the “OMG NO BUTTER” blog the other day. They’re delicious by the way. Amazingly delicious. Comparative to fly fishing, Frank the dog, and bathing suits by a certain someone. That means that the brownies were really amazing. It was all I could not to eat the entire pan on Saturday. I waited nearly two whole days before cracking into these guys. I had to save some for Terry when he got home from fishing and for Alex whom I promised some to when I was running around swearing about the butter.

The original recipe just called for walnuts, but I decided to spice things up and sprinkled semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chunks on top before they went in the oven.

The recipe was from Prevention magazine online. I’m not sure how I got to it, but my internet wanders led me there. I was reading recipes for a program called DTOUR. It’s for diabetics who are looking for tasty treats that aren’t going to kill them. I guess brownies with unsweetened cocoa powder in them won’t do it. Yay for all of us!

I was a huge fan of biting into them and finding part of a walnut in there. Those are healthy, right? Nuts…omega 3’s, protein and all that. That’s how I rationalize apple cranberry crisp for breakfast. Fruit, oatmeal, etc…healthy breakfast!

(Pictures to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment