Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jack Bauer is my Hero (Chocolate Chip Banana Bread)

What is better on Christmas Break then staying up late with a book and sleeping in? Baking of course. I was planning on doing it last night, but I ended up doing it this afternoon instead. Mostly because I was feeling lazy and I wasn't in a baking mood. I guess I have to be in the right mood to bake or else my treats don't turn out well. What did I make today? Two things, but I'll split them up. First, I made chocolate chip banana bread. A few weeks ago Alex bought bananas and never ate them. I snagged them before they went bad and stuck them in the freezer for later use. I had planned on a bread with them. I have been using my new mini blender for smoothies in the morning, but something is off with my day when I don't have to have something starchy or bready in the morning. So here it is, delicious banana bread. The original recipe is from cooks.com. I didn't want to make two loaves, so I halved everything and used a different sized pan. Also note that the original recipe says "nuts" in the title, but never mentions them in the ingredients...curiouser curiouser.



Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
2 mashed bananas
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla. Add in dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips and stir until just blended. Pour into a greased, floured bread pan. (They say use 7 1/2"x 3 1/2", but mine was bigger) Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees. Check after 50 minutes of baking time.


Look at the pretty pattern on my great grandma's apron. It's my favorite apron to bake in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment