Thursday, May 31, 2012

Week 22: M&M Peanut Butter Bars

The title of this post gives you 2/5 of the ingredients for the recipe.




I love one bowl recipes. Even more, I love one bowl, five ingredient recipes. This one is peanut butter, M&M's, Bisquick, eggs and brown sugar. Yum.

When I was at the mall the other day, I stopped at Mrs. Fields and got an M&M cookie. It took me back to my childhood when my mom would take us to Mrs. Fields and let us each pick out a cookie at the end of our shopping adventure. I always got the sugar cookie with M&M's on it. This was honestly not because it was the best or anything like that...but it was the biggest cookie in the case. Oh yeahhhh. Cookies. That gave me the M&M bug. I'm trying to clean out my pantry a little bit. I have a lot of things in there and sometimes I forget about them. I made chocolate pretzel bits at Christmas time so I had Christmas colored M&M's in the back of the pantry. I searched foodgawker for a recipe and got this guy. A simple bar that looked delicious and was. I made it on a Sunday, brought one in for myself on Monday and one of the summer interns asked if I had brought one for everyone since the previous Monday I had brought that delicious cake. So, I bought in my cookie bars and shared.


3/4 cup peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose baking mix (Bisquick, for example)
1 bag of M&Ms (estimate this, see note)

Preheat oven to 325*F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.

Combine peanut butter and eggs until well mixed and smooth.
Add in brown sugar and stir until combined.
Stir in baking mix until moistened. Fold in M&Ms.
Spread mixture in greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.


*Note: I'm not sure what the original author meant by "1 bag of M&M's." Figure out what ratio of M&M to bar you want and go from there. I just threw the rest of mine in there. Also, the mixture is crazy thick. I had to knead the M&M's in. This makes it easy to judge how many M&M's you want in there.*

No comments:

Post a Comment