Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 10: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

I made a chocolate chip cheesecake.

It looks just like the picture in the cookbook.

It was a hit.

I had been planning on having some of my work friends over to the new apartment for a housewarming party. Earlier this week at lunch, Beth asked what I was doing this weekend and since it was nothing, absolutely nothing, it was party time. I made cheesecake. I made tasty fruit dip and artfully arranged my apple slices to make them pretty. 


Look at that table. Such a nice display of foods. Want a close up of my pretty apples? 

 
This is what I get for catering with Uncle Frank and having my mother as my mom. 

The cheesecake recipe came from a cookbook that my brother got me for Christmas, or my birthday. They were combined gifts so it could be either, or both. Anyways, when I unwrapped the book, I was told to look at page 14. It was the cheesecake. I think he went through the entire book, made sure he liked 75% of the dishes, and then purchased it for me. 

I have a bonus recipe for you this week. Along with the apples and strawberries I made apple dip. It's simply a large jar of marshmallow fluff and a block of cream cheese. Mix it all together and eat. 

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

CRUST 
1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (I used chocolate graham crackers)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted 
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided 

FILLING 
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened 
1/2 cup granulated sugar 
1 tablespoon vanilla extract 
2 large eggs 
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 300° F.

Combine cookie crumbs with butter in medium bowl until moistened; press onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup morsels.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs and flour. Gradually beat in evaporated milk and sour cream. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining morsels.

Bake for 25 minutes. Cover loosely with foil.

Bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Place in refrigerator immediately; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Remove side of springform pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment