Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mini Goat Cheese Chili Rellenos + Book #3

I love chili rellenos. Love. 

You might recall I tried to make them once. They were good, but a lot of work. 

When I found these on Pinterest, I knew I had to make them. Less work and the same great taste. They were delicious.

I probably should have roasted the peppers and cut them up smaller, but it was still delicious. I also substituted the goat cheese for feta. I love feta cheese too. Goat cheese tends to be pretty strong so I decided to swap one for the other. I think it was a good choice.

No pictures. I ate it too fast. Mmmmm.

Mini Goat Cheese Chili Rellenos Casserole
 

3 eggs
1/4 C milk of choice
2.5 oz soft goat cheese
2 green chiles (Poblano. roasted, seeded and chopped)
1 T flour
1/2 t oregano
1/4 t sea salt
splash of hot sauce

Mix all the ingredients together and pour into two greased ramekins.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until the eggs are set.


 Book #3
Zombie Road Trip - T. Alex Miller

Unfortunately, this book isn't available on Amazon anymore. I got it for free from ereaderiq.com. 

I love zombie movies, so I figured I'd give this book a try. 

It was pretty entertaining. It's a story about a zombie (obviously) who is a little more coherent than the rest. He's actually a scientist who intentionally infected himself with the virus and is trying to get back to his lab. It's the story of a zombie to falls in love. Rather graphic at times...apparently the best bits to eat are the, ahem, wobbly bits. Still, an entertaining read.

No comments:

Post a Comment